Saturday, February 9, 2013

DAY 3

 I love the African dirt on my skin and clothes!

 This is the church that we worshiped at on our first Sunday in Uganda! It is in Seenge Village.  Last year When we went they were raising money to buy the doors. It was really cool to see the job completed.

WARNING!!  What you are about to see may disturb you!!!


 This is what you call a squaty. All the village people use these as their toilets.  It is pretty much a hole in the ground... and you squat over it... male or female...They aren't the cleanest!
 Some little kid preforming for us at the church :)  PRECIOUS!
Don't look at my face but at the little kids hahaha!  My mother took this picture.  The sweet little guy climbed up in my lap and feel asleep.

Oh, That face!!! I wish I could have them all!!!

     Day three...... We went to Ssenge Village Church. It was so much fun seeing some of the old faces and more of the new faces  I love to see how they worship and pray! They get so into it that you can't help but smile. Pastor D preached and we listened.  During the sermon a little street boy came up to me and climbed in my lap. He had some sort of thing/mole/sore on his face and was itching it. It started to bleed and to tell you the truth, I was a little grossed out but then I thought, he has no one to love on him, no one to care for him.. So today I was going to be that person.That is why we came on this trip... to show Jesus' love and be His hands and feet here if Africa. I held and prayed for him as the service went on. After church we went to Cafe Javas for lunch, and let me tell you, boy was it good  After that we went shopping in the African market which was a total joy !!!! The rest of the day was spent at Sanyu baby home and at the guest house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

find